Note: Before you read today’s Interruption, take a moment and consider who you can forward this blog to (www.grantedwardsauthor.com). We are up to about 230 receiving Interruptions, with the goal of 500 before Jesus returns!
I memorized Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3 a long time ago. I go over it frequently.
14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name,
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,
17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us!
- Paul wants every family, every believer, to be strengthened with power.
- So that… Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
- It requires faith… to have love since the love of the New Testament is supernatural!
- When you love, you comprehend, and you know… the deep relationship of the Spirit. Since God is love, without growing in love you will not grow in the breadth, length, height, and depth of your relationship with God.
- You come to a place when you experience love that you don’t understand… and that is when you walk in the fullness of God.
- Walking in fullness… allows you to experience God doing more in your life than you can imagine or even ask!
Driving along a road, someone cuts you off in traffic. Your first thought is, “Wow, that person must have an emergency. I will pray for him right now.” Thinking the best of someone isn’t natural. You are growing in supernatural love.
An unexpected expense. You wonder where you will get the money. It doesn’t destroy your peace. You ask God to provide and go about your day. You are growing in faith.
You have an opportunity to be unfaithful or to steal or to tell a lie. You do not. You aren’t even tempted. Why? Your deep relationship with God. You love God.
What is happening?
As you become aware of your family relationship with your heavenly Father, the Spirit determines your reaction to trials and blessings. You change. You don’t understand how, and you don’t even try.
This will happen for you. How do I know? Paul prayed this prayer for you over 2,000 years ago. He asked God for something that he, at that time, couldn’t comprehend – that his prayer would be answered in your life this week.
Don’t try… have faith!