If you could ask one request from God, what would it be? At the end of this Interruption, I would like you to write it down and ask.
First… Build Faith! God wants to answer your prayer.
In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. John 16:23
Note: “In that day” indicates an intensification of answered prayer in the end times. Pray!
Second… Focus on God! What type of prayer request should you ask?
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Note: A big God works through the power He has given you. Praying can be invigorated by learning to pray God-sized prayers!
Third… Ask! It is better to ask and fail than to never ask at all.
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures. James 4:2-3
Note: Learn to ask big specific prayers. Some won’t be answered because of immature motives. Generosity, mission, calling, boldness, healing, deliverance – are always God’s will. Ask big!
Pastor Grant’s Prayer Principles
- Allow scripture to dictate your requests, not your experience. Scripture seldom lists reasons for God not answering prayer. There isn’t “fine” print with God’s adoption of you as His child. He wants to work with you for His purposes.
- Prophetic verses teach an end times intensification for releasing of the Spirit, resulting in an abundance of answered prayer. The end times are now!
- Share huge prayer requests. Not only is there accountability and power when two or three pray, but there is also joy. If you have a big prayer request and you don’t share the ask, when the request is answered and you say, “God just stopped the rain from falling on our Fall picnic,” your sanity will be suspect. If you pray with others, you won’t be like the proverbial golfer who hits a hole-in-one and no one is around to witness the shot.
Do two things:
- Write your request!!! If it is guaranteed that God would answer one request, what would it be?
- Share it with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and send this request to someone else too. When you share your request, forward this Interruption as an explanation. I am standing with you in prayer…
we can be considered crazy together!