Why I Write Interruptions

Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect.  1 Peter 3:15 (NASB)

The first Interruption was written March 19, 2020. My goal is to interrupt your life, your lethargy, and perhaps your breakfast.

But please, never let it interrupt a good cup of Starbucks.

I get up, I write. The COVID virus has interrupted our lives. More seriously, I hope Interruptions brings momentary encouragement and challenge, along with humor to your day.

Please share Interruptions or send me an e-mail asking me to place someone on the list. I’m praying for 500 Interruptees!  

My philosophy for writing – at least, as of today:

  • Focus upon a relationship with Jesus.  I am convinced all your difficulties can be solved by His presence.
  • I honor and respect everyone 80 percent of the time.  Faithful followers believe both sides of almost everything today. Yes, some are right, and some are wrong. Twenty percent of the time I offend everyone.
  • Jesus taught that in the end times, wolves in sheep’s clothing will appear.  I’m a hunter but I can’t walk up to a politician, pastor, or scientist and ask, “Are you a wolf in sheep’s clothing?” I must be subtle and nuanced.  Interruptions are intricate and intertwined, leading the wolves in sheep’s clothing to slaughter!
  • All 3,000 promises in the Bible can be summed up in three verses: peace (Philippians 4:7); power (Philippians 4:13); and provision (Philippians 4:19). What is truly of God’s Spirit will yield peace, power, and provision – not fear or anxiety.
  • I hear this too much.  Someone teaches or writes about something that isn’t true about the Bible with the phrase “all the scholars agree”. They do not. I hear this too, “Science proves this.” And it doesn’t. A lot of erroneous faith walks under the guise of scholars and science agreeing. I believe Biblical faith does not violate true science. I know that approaching scripture from faith (not skepticism) reveals the Bible to be God’s faithfully preserved Word of life.
  • God speaks today to those who listen.  His voice gets louder each day. I’m listening, and I want you to as well. Your faith should be vibrant, listening, and following.

Thank you for reading Interruptions!

The next time that someone says to you, “All the scholars agree!” or “Science proves this,” punch them in the arm. As “Interruptees” we take the Kingdom by force (Matthew 11:12)!

Like I said, I/we offend everyone 20 percent of the time. The other 80 percent is why I write, and you read, Interruptions.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *